ITA Over The YearsSince the system was introduced in 2015, the number of ITA issued to Express Entry candidates has increased each year. And, the trend is continuing for the following years. Find here the number of ITAs issued by IRCC for Express Entry applicants:
- ITAs in 2017: 86,023.
- ITAs in 2018: 89,800.
- ITA in 2019: 85,300.
How To Obtain Your Invitation to Apply (ITA)?The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) ranks immigration candidates in the Express Entry pool based on the following criteria:
- Human capital factors: age, level of education, language ability in French and English
- Spouse or common-law partner human capital factors
- Skill transferability factors: foreign work experience and language ability.
- Additional factors: You can have a provincial nomination, a valid job offer, French language skills, studies in Canada, or a sibling who is a permanent resident.
What Happens If a Candidate is Eligible For More than one Express Entry ProgramSuppose you meet the criteria for more than one program. Then, you will be invited to apply for just one program in the following order:
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
Receiving Your Invitation to Apply (ITA)IRCC issues Invitations to Apply (ITA) to candidates with the highest scores in the Express Entry pool. The round of the invitation process is also known as a “Draw.” So, once your Express Entry profile is active and your CRS score is equal to or higher than the cut-off score, you will receive an ITA. It is essential to know that, for some draws, not all applicants with the required score received their ITA. It depends on the total number of ITA issued at that time.Then, if you meet the score, you will receive a letter through your account. The ITA specifies:
- The program that you should be submitting your application for
- Your CRS score with a breakdown
- The date when you should submit the electronic application for your permanent residence
- Also, it guides you on the next steps you can take after receiving the ITA.