College in Canada

Canada is recognized for its high-quality educational institutions for post-secondary education. When applying for a college in Canada, it is recommended that you have multiple applications to have better chances to enroll in your preferred program.

Free Assessment Contact us
College in Canada

College in Canada

Every year international students come to Canada to start a new journey in college. There are many options all across the country, with different programs, fees and qualifications. Once you decide your study field and location, you can start visiting your most preferred colleges' official web sites to discover the one that most meets your needs and goals.

College in Canada

Canada’s colleges focus on technology and workforce development, they prepare students for success in each field. Whether you are interest in business, sciences or new technologies, there is always an option for you to develop a successful career.

Levels of Study

When studying in a Canadian college, you may start by earning a diploma or a degree and make your way up to the following levels of post-graduate programs.

Who Needs a Study Permit

As a non-Canadian who lives abroad (note: this does not apply to someone with a current Permanent Resident PR status), you will require a study permit to study in Canada. To qualify, you must be enrolled in a program that is more than (6) months in duration at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada.

Designated Learning Institutions

As an international student, you will require a Canadian college institute to host you. What makes a school qualified is having been approved as a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) by a provincial or territorial government.
There are many college options in Canada for all the fields. To select your right fit, you should first decide which province the best based on your background, budget, and job market.
To work in Canada after graduating, international students need to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit, which allows foreigners to get Canadian work experience after finishing their studies.
Without this permit, international students should leave Canada after finishing their post-secondary studies.

Study Permit

A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.

If the study program you enrolled in ends before your study permit expires, the permit will be valid 90 days after your last day of school despite what is indicated on your permit. (This can be proved by a completion letter, transcript, degree or diploma issued by your school).

Pathway Programs

If you receive conditional acceptance to a program and are required to complete prerequisite courses (such as language courses; English, or French) before enrolling in the main program, this is a Pathway Program.

Eligibility to apply for Post Graduation Work Permit

To work in Canada after completing a college program, besides earning your diploma or degree from a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) you need to have a  Post Graduation Work Permit.

To apply for a PWGP you need to:

Receive your final marks.
Complete a study program at a DLI of at least eight months long.

5/5 - (22 votes)
Follow Manaimmigration Would you like to receive notifications on latest updates? No Yes