Eligibility Criteria for Federal Skilled Workers – FSWTo meet the eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker category, applicants need to get at least 67 points out of 100 in the grid used by IRCC to assess candidates. In fact, you shouldn’t try to calculate your CRS score before meeting at least the minimum 67 points needed.Also, you will need to have your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and your language test results. If you haven’t had these documents, you can try to guess the results and have an approximate number for your profile. You can try as well the Degree Equivalency Tool from WES to have an idea of your points.So, is it better to have your language results and ECA reports before entering the pool? Yes, because as soon as you receive an Invitation To Apply, you will have 60 days to submit it.
Points to Rank Candidates (FSW):
- Education: Max 25 points
- Experience: Max 15 points
- Age: Max 12 points
- Language ability: Max 28 points
- Adaptability: Max 10 points
- Arranged employment in Canada: Max 10 points
Eligibility Criteria for Federal Skilled Trades – FSTTo meet the eligibility criteria under the Federal Skilled Trades Program, you must:
- Meet the required levels in English or French. CLB5 for speaking and listening. And CLB4 for reading and writing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a skilled trade in the last five years. (Full time 30 h/week, or an equal amount part-time),
- Prove your skilled trade experience meets the essential duties related to your NOC,
- Have a valid full-time job offer of at least one year. Or have a certificate of qualification.
- Your skilled trade work experience must be from these major and minor groups of the NOC:
- Chefs and cooks: Group 632
- Butchers and bakers: Group 633
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades: Group 72
- Maintenance and equipment operations trade: Group 73
- Supervisors and technical jobs. Natural resources and agriculture and related production: Group 82
- Processing and manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators Group 92
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Experience Class – CECTo qualify under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) through the Express Entry system, the eligibility criteria is:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of Canadian work experience in the past three years. It has to be in a job with NOC skill type A, B or 0. The work experience must be either full-time, 30 h/week, or an equivalent amount part-time).
- Not want to settle in the Province of Quebec.
- Have gained legally your Canadian work experience, and
- Meet the minimum language requirements: CLB7 for jobs NOC type 0 or A . Or CLB5 for jobs NOC type B.
How to Proof Your Work ExperienceTo prove your Canadian work experience, you need to get a signed letter from your current or previous supervisor or HR department. It must contain the duties and responsibilities as they are out in your NOC.
Funds RequirementsApplicants under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) and the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) programs must prove to have enough assets to support their family during the first months in Canada, unless:
- you are in Canada with a Temporary Work Permit, and you are allowed to work AND
- have a valid job offer in Canada.