How to Get a Canadian PR Card?

How to Get a Canadian PR Card?
As a foreigner wanting to get a PR card, the process varies on each person’s profile and background. Then, depending on which route you take, you will need to meet certain criteria.So, after you’ve been invited to become a Canadian permanent resident, you receive a PR Card. To do it in the most accurate way, it’s essential to contact an immigration professional to discover all your options.

Who Can Apply for a PR?

Anyone is allowed to apply for Canadian permanent residence. But, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) only invite qualified individuals to become permanent residents. Then, you should first verify your eligibility. For instance, the Express Entry system ranks aspirants based on: -Age -Level of education -Official language proficiency -Second official language -Canadian work experienceIn this case, you can calculate your score in the CRS system for Express Entry. Add all the points you can get for all the categories. Also,  you may need to prove sufficient funds to support yourself and your family.  Unless you already have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

Fastest Program to Get a PR Card

Express Entry is not the only option. In fact, there are other popular pathways to become a Canadian permanent resident :-Provincial Nominee Program –Atlantic Immigration ProgramBusiness Immigration -Family Class immigration

What is a Canadian PR Card?

To sum up, a PR Card shows you are a Canadian permanent resident. Then, every time you travel abroad, you need to show the card and your passport when you come back. Even if it is on a train, bus, vehicle, or plane. You have to show it.A Permanent Resident card is usually given for five years. However, sometimes the Government may give it for just one year.  Your PR card is only valid until the expiry date listed on the card.On the other hand, if for any reason you find a mistake on your PR card, you should ask for the correction. Although, keep in mind that if your name is very long, it may be shortened. But, this is not a mistake. 
Canadian PR Card
You can get your Canadian PR Card through different immigration programs.


So, once you become a Canadian permanent resident, you can enjoy many different benefits and start living a new life. Some of these are:High-level jobs: You will have the chance to apply for higher-level positions. Those that often pay well and bring benefits.Education: The Canadian Government gives free education up to Grade 12 for all children until they are 18 years old.Family: If your children are born in Canada, they are automatically Canadian citizens.Visa: You can renew your visa after five years: There is no prescribed limit on how many times you can extend your visa.Universal Healthcare: Medical care is free for every Canadian permanent resident. It covers all prescription drugs that are paid through taxes.Settle wherever you want: You can remain in your province or move and settle in another one as well. Also, you can travel outside Canada multiple times.Start your Canadian Business: Permanent residents can start their own enterprises or invest in a franchise.Eligibility to Canadian Citizenship: After getting your PR Card, you can live in Canada for five years. If you have stayed for 1.095 during that time, you become eligible for Canadian citizenship.
Canadian PR card
The PR Card is the document that proves you are a Canadian permanent resident.

PR Card validity period

As we mentioned before, PR cards are usually valid for five years, and you can renew them. So, to keep your permanent resident status, you must stay in Canada for 730 days during those five years. 

How do I renew my Canadian PR card?

If your PC Card is expired or will expire in less than nine months, you should apply for a new card. Most new PR cards are valid for five years. To renew your Canadian PR Card, you need to have a permanent status and submit your application.
5/5 - (1 vote)
Related Posts
Follow Manaimmigration Would you like to receive notifications on latest updates? No Yes