PNP and Entrepreneur Visa Options
British Columbia (B.C.)British Columbia is one of Canada’s most popular destinations. Also, it has one of Canada’s most flexible, competitive and diverse economies. As a result, B.C. is an excellent destination for starting a new business. Besides its excellent conditions, British Columbia is proud to offer two different investor streams for foreigners.So, if you want to run a business in B.C. and get an entrepreneur visa, those are your options:
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Base Category
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
AlbertaAlberta is the second-largest agricultural province in Canada. It has diverse landscapes with perfect conditions for crop production, livestock production, etc.If you want to get an investor visa to settle in Alberta, you need to apply for the Investment Visa program under the Self-Employed Farmer Stream.
- Self-Employed Farmer Stream: This stream targets skilled farmers who want to purchase or install a farm in Alberta.
SaskatchewanSaskatchewan is becoming a very popular province. It has many forestries, mining, agriculture, and energy resources. It is also an excellent place for starting a new business, especially if you have experience in farming.The province currently offers entrepreneur visa programs for international individuals in the following streams:
- Entrepreneur Category
- Farm Owners and Operators and Young Farmer Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
ManitobaManitoba is a province besides Ontario. It is a land of natural beauty with safe and friendly towns. Indeed, it is recognized for its expansive land and importance to Canada’s economy. As a result, most of its businesses focus on natural resources, specifically agriculture. The province currently has two types of entrepreneur visas for international individuals :
- The Entrepreneur Pathway
- Farm Investor Pathway (FIP)
OntarioOntario is one of the favourite provinces for newcomers. It is home to Canada’s federal capital, Ottawa and its financial centre, Toronto. Indeed, Ontario is a top destination for foreign investment in North America. It is close to the USA, with a large banking sector and active capital markets. In addition, if you want to get an entrepreneur visa, the province also offers one stream for international individuals who wish to start a new business or buy an existing business in Ontario.
- Entrepreneur Visa Ontario: This stream is for foreigners who want to have an entrepreneur visa to start a new business or buy one in Ontario. In addition, after the company is established in Ontario, the entrepreneur and his/her close family members can apply for permanent residence.
Newfoundland and LabradorThe province is one of the fastest-growing Canadian regions. It is also one of the top spots where small companies and entrepreneurs succeed. This area is highly recognized for its tech industry and its enormous landscape, with many opportunities for eco-tourism businesses. There are two streams to getting an entrepreneur visa in this province:
- International Entrepreneur
- International Graduate Entrepreneur
Nova ScotiaNova Scotia has abundant natural resources for profitable business opportunities in mining, fishing, agriculture and natural gas extraction. As a result, two entrepreneur visa streams are available in Nova Scotia.
- International graduate entrepreneur
New BrunswickNew businesses in New Brunswick have some of the lowest operating costs in Canada and the U.S, and it is the largest maritime province in Canada. If you want to get an entrepreneur visa in New Brunswick, there is one stream to do it. This entrepreneur stream allows skilled business owners and senior managers to establish and manage a business while living in New Brunswick.
- Entrepreneur stream
Requirements for an Entrepreneur Visa in CanadaEach province has their own business streams with its own requirements. But, overall, all provincial programs focus on foreign entrepreneurs who want to buy or open and actively manage a business in Canada. Moreover, after you meet specific criteria to qualify, you will receive an entrepreneur visa and the right to live and work in Canada. As we said before, there are different requirements for each stream. However, there are also some common factors that the Canadian government requires to evaluate an application before granting an entrepreneur visa. Some of those factors are:
- Have managerial experience or studies related to business.
- Proof enough money or assets to run the business.
- Have a good business plan.
- Prove you will create employment for at least one Canadian in the province.
- Other criteria will apply depending on each province.
FAQ’s About Entrepreneur Visa
- How to Get an Entrepreneur Visa in Canada?
- How Much Money do I Need to Have an Entrepreneur Visa in Canada?
- Can I Open a Business in Canada and get an Entrepreneur Visa While Studying?
- Is It Worthy To Have a Business in Canada?