- A personal medical history form.
- A physical examination.
- Blood test.
- Other tests may be relevant
Why are Medical Exams Done for Canada PR?The main objective of the medical exam for Canada PR is to ensure that a candidate is medically admissible to the country. Then, if a person is a threat to public health or under a medical condition that might excessively demand the healthcare system, their application might be denied.
How is the Medical Exam for Canada PR?Once you arrive, the clinic staff will ask for identification. After that, you will probably require to take a picture to keep on their record. Then, the doctor will fill out a medical history questionnaire. This is about any previous or current medical conditions.
Physical ExaminationIn this part of the exam, the doctor will:
- weight you
- measure your height
- check your vision
- check your hearing
- blood pressure
- feel your pulse
- check your heart and lungs
- look at your skin
Who Needs a Medical Exam for PR Canada?It depends on whether a person is applying for temporary residence (workers, students, and visitors) or permanent residency.Canada medical exam for temporary residents: If you intend to stay for six months or less, you don’t require a medical exam for Canada PR, except if you will work in a specific job that demands it. For example, if you are coming to work in public health and will have contact with people. Those jobs can be:
- clinical laboratory
- nursing and senior homes
- medical students admitted attending university in Canada
- medical physicians on short-term
- workers in primary and secondary school
- in-home care to children, elderly and disabled
- daycare employees
- Agricultural workers from designated countries/territories.
- You have lived or visited some specific countries for at least six months within the last year.
- You will work in a job related to public health.
- Super visa applicant.
Immigration Doctor List for Canada PRTo take your medical exam for your Canada PR application, you must go with a doctor-approved by IRCC. You can find them on this list of panel physicians. But, you should know that physician doesn’t make the final decision about your medical decision, and if something isn’t normal, IRCC will contact you.
Canada Immigration Processing Time After Medical ExamThe results from the medical exam for Canada PR applications take about three months to process. After that time, if no more documents are needed, IRCC will tell you the following steps.
Immigration medical exam cost Canada
Medical exams cost vary from country to country.
Why can a Person be Inadmissible for PR to Canada?A person can be medically inadmissible if:
- They are considered a risk for public health in Canada: Then, applicants can not have certain contagious illnesses.
- If they are an excessive demand for the Canadian healthcare system: In Canada, health care and social services are universal and free for all citizens and permanent residents. Consequently, applicants can be inadmissible if they would be an economic burden for the free system or negatively affect Canadians’ wait times.