Canadian Provinces with Job Opportunities for Newcomers
British ColumbiaThis province is one of the wealthiest and most diverse worldwide. British Columbia is an excellent place for families since it offers beautiful landscapes, safety, and jobs. It is known for everything related to the IT industry and natural resources, however, it has job opportunities in many more fields. British Columbia economy is based on:
OntarioOntario is one of Canada’s driving industrial markets. Therefore, as a newcomer, you’ll find many job opportunities from the moment you arrive in the province. As a result, its cities offer different options in all the fields, like the IT market, mining, creative business, etc. Ontario’s most prominent industry sectors are:
- Steel and iron
- Food processing
AlbertaAlberta is one of the most liveable provinces with plenty of job opportunities in Canada. Also, residents will experience a cheaper cost of living and a great job market to start their new life. The most popular cities for newcomers are Calgary and Edmonton. In addition, the region also offers excellent opportunities to work in the mining and energy industry. Key market industries also include:
- Oil and gas
- Financial services
Job Opportunities in Canada – BenefitsAs a legal worker in Canada, you can enjoy many benefits. Such as paid leaves, work-life balance and career growth.
- Parental leave: new parents recently have 40 weeks of parental leave. Some of this time is mainly for dads to take care of their newborns.
- Coaching opportunities: Most companies like to invest in professional training to strengthen their workers’ skills.
- The work schedule in Canada is 40 hours a week, and if you exceed an hour, it has to be paid.
How to Work in Canada?Foreigners looking for job opportunities in Canada have many options to apply for a work permit. The Open Work Permit and the Employer-Specific Work Permit are some of the most popular choices. Overall, the differences are:
- An open work permit allows you to work for any employer and anywhere in Canada. To obtain it, you must meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
- An employer-specific work permit requires you to work for the company mentioned in your work permit. Then, you must have your job employment offer before applying.