On August 30, 2023, the Canadian Government revised the criteria for the language test results needed for the Student Direct Stream (SDS). These new criteria are in line with the Ministerial Instructions that came into effect on August 10, 2023. The Government will now accept additional academic tests from specific organizations and another test from an organization that is not on the designated list. This update also makes it clear that banks can release the remaining funds from a guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) to an applicant in any approved arrangement after the initial disbursement upon their arrival in Canada. Even though the Government suggests distributing GIC funds in monthly or bimonthly installments, this does not impact an applicant’s eligibility for SDS.
What is Student Direct Stream?
Depending on your place of residence, it is possible to expedite the processing of your study permit by utilizing the Student Direct Stream (SDS). To qualify for expedited processing through the Student Direct Stream (SDS), you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a legal resident residing in one of the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
2. Have an acceptance letter from a designated post-secondary learning institution.
3. Be outside of Canada when you submit your application.
4. Provide proof of payment for your first year of study tuition.
5. Possess a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of at least CAN$10,000.
6. If you intend to study in Quebec, you must have an attestation of issuance of your Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) from the ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration.
7. If required, undergo a medical examination before submitting your application.
8. If required, obtain a police certificate before submitting your application.
9. Provide your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcripts.
10. Achieve the minimum score required in one of the qualifying language tests.
How mana immigration Can Help
Are you thinking about pursuing your goals in Canada? At mana immigration, we are dedicated to assisting individuals in realizing their dreams of moving to Canada. Our team comprises seasoned experts who are well-versed in navigating diverse immigration routes. Don’t miss out on the chance to calculate your CRS Score today, and allow our specialists to help you improve it. To learn more about your eligibility, please fill in our assessment form. We will promptly schedule a consultation for your convenience.