Quebec Investor Program
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is for applicants who want to settle in the French-speaking province of Quebec and become permanent residents of Canada. Candidates don’t need to open or manage a business. However, they need to invest CAD 1,2 million into a government-guaranteed investment and meet selection criteria to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
Note: This program is suspended until April 1, 2023.Free Assessment Contact us
Quebec Investor Program
Quebec Investor Program
Individuals looking to settle in the French-speaking province of Quebec can apply to the Quebec Investor Program and obtain Canadian permanent residence by investing CAD 1.2 million risk-free through an approved financial intermediary.
Candidates for the Quebec Investor Program are awarded points based on selection factors including education level, management experience, age, language proficiency in French or English, stay and family in Quebec and the Investment Agreement. Once meeting all the criteria, applicants obtain Canadian permanent residency after investing CAD 1.2 million risk-free through an approved financial intermediary or financing that investment.
The application process for the Quebec investor program
• Support documents with your net worth and managerial experience. You must prove the legal accumulation of all your assets.
• An approved licensed financial intermediary from Quebec immigration authorities will review your application.
• Submit your application to Quebec immigration authorities.
• Quebec issues a file number within 30-days after the reception.
• A notice of interview takes place within 12 months after submission.
• Thirty days after the interview, you will have a decision.
• Approved applicants will be requested to make their investment within 110 days of a favourable decision.
• After investing, you will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), to allow you to apply for Canadian permanent residency at the federal level.
• Submit a complete application to federal immigration authorities (with medical and security checks).
• Depending on the visa office, applications will finish within a range of approximately 12 months (North America, Western Europe and South America) to 44 months (China).
• After approval, passports are requested, and you will receive a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR)
• Applicants and dependants must travel to Canada before the expiry date on the COPR document. The COPR is valid for near 12-months.
Quebec investor program requirements :
Applicants will be are ranked based on:
• Management experience.
• Language skills.
• Stay and family in Quebec.
• Investment Agreement.
The maximum number of points available is 94. The passing score is 40, as long as one candidate meets the management experience and financial investment criteria will need five more additional points to complete the passing score.
To complete the points, candidates can study a post-secondary school technical diploma or an undergraduate university degree of 2 years.
Quebec investor program candidates may be invited to a selection interview following a review of their application.
Benefits of the Quebec Investor Program
The investment of CAD 1,200,000 is guaranteed by the Quebec government and will be fully returned after five years.
No active managerial role is required after the investment is made.
The applicant’s spouse and children included in the application will have the same status.
Enjoy universal healthcare, free public education, and a high-quality lifestyle.
Eligibility criteria for the Quebec investor program
Minimum Net Worth:
A minimum of CAD 2,000,000 in legally acquired net worth, alone or with your spouse or common-law partner. You may include properties, bank accounts, pension funds, stocks and shares.
Business or Management Experience:
Two years minimum of management experience. It should be full-time in a specific enterprise (agricultural, commercial, industrial), or a government or international agency, and a position defined as full-time.
The candidate can be retired when applying as long as proving a recent management experience of two years.
Agreement to invest the sum of CAD 1,200,000 through an approved financial intermediary (this investment can be financed).
To be an entrepreneur in Quebec, you must settle in Québec and create or acquire and manage a business. You must have a minimum net worth legally earned of CAD 900,000, alone or with your spouse and must present a business plan of your project.
Even though the program is suspended until 2023, Quebec authorities insist this is an administrative measure. They are expecting to take new applications.
To create a business in Montreal, you need to the following steps:
- Create a business plan.
- Register your business.
- Decide if you need to register for sales taxes.
- Set up business bank credit and card accounts.
- Organizational factors.
- Create your official website.
- Develop a marketing plan
- Market your business on social media.
- Set up a marketing plan.
- Set up your accounting software.
The passing score for QIIP applicants is 40 points, with a maximum of 94. It is the minimum score with or without a spouse or common-in-law partner.
Immigrating under this program will cost CAD 1.2 million.
The QIIP will accept a total of 1,900 applications. It is divided into 1,235 applications from China, Hong Kong and Macau, and up to 665 worldwide. Applicants with advanced intermediate abilities in the French language have no limits.
Mana Immigration is a leading Canadian immigration law firm with over 35 years of experience. Please spend a few minutes completing the assessment form of your choice. Once you complete the form, Mana Immigration will contact you to provide further assistance.