Step By Step To Prepare For a Job Interview in Canada
1. Review the Job DescriptionReviewing the job description is essential to know what they expect. In addition, it will help you get insights into specific skills and duties you may highlight. If you are looking for a job in Canada and have an interview soon, we suggest you check the following information to be prepared:
- Experience required
- Skills needed
- Specific industry language
2. Tell me About Yourself and Your Professional Background:For this question, which will probably come at the beginning of the interview, you should be prepared with a few interesting points about your ambitions, goals and background.It is the perfect opportunity to talk about you, who you are behind your resume and mention some previous experiences that you can connect with the available job position in Canada. Remember, it is a professional space, then you should always keep your focus and try to emphasize something interesting to open a lengthy discussion.
3. Organize Your Portafolio:It is essential to have some work examples in your portfolio. It will help you show and prove you have the experience for the job position in Canada.For example, in a Portfolio, you can include:
- Writing samples: Collect some of your writing samples to show your writing abilities. It usually helps if you have at least 2 or 3 examples to share.
- Design samples: If your job in Canada requires designing skills, it helps to have some good examples to prove the quality of your work.
- Project information: If you have worked on many projects, it is also helpful to highlight some specific details about them and your measurable results.
4. Practice With Mock InterviewsConsider conducting mock interviews before going to the actual interview. There are videos on the internet with mock questions to help you practice and have sample answers.You can also ask someone to practice with you and help you make some improvements. Or even practice in front of a mirror. But the essential tip is to always practice.
5. Make a List of Questions to Ask at The EndCreating a list of questions for your interviewer is relevant to show you are interested in getting that job and want to know more information about it. For instance, some topics you may ask about are:
- Daily operations
- Workplace culture
- Next steps of the process
Tips for a Good Job Interview in CanadaAccording to Indeed, a specialized website to search for work, these are some essential tips you should know during a job interview in Canada.
- Express that you’re interested in remaining in Canada in the long term.
- Research visas to work in Canada.
- Explore the company and your interviewers.
- Practice responses to common questions. Ensure to mention your skills.
- Recall measurable results and previous achievements.
- Connect your earlier experiences with the available requirements and duties.