- Home Child Care Provider
- Home Support Worker
Work as a Caregiver in Canada – BenefitsA caregiver in Canada under the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot has the following benefits:
- Obtain occupation-specific work permits. As long as it is not employer-specific, it allows them to change employers fast if they need it.
- Their immediate family members can come to Canada and receive open work permits and/or study permits.
- This pilot provides a clear and understandable transition from temporary to permanent status. It ensures that candidates who meet the required work experience can quickly become permanent residents.
- Both Home Child Care and Home Support Worker pilot programs are exempt from Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Home Child Care Provider PilotThe Home Child Care Provider Pilot allows individuals to come to Canada to work as a caregiver and get PR status. A Child Care Provider is someone who helps busy parents watch their children and may also require to do some household tasks. Then, an individual can do and get some of the following job titles:
- Au pair
- Child caregiver in a gym or a shopping centre
- Foster parent
- Live-in child caregiver
- Parent’s helper
- Private home child caregiver
Home Support Worker ProviderAs a caregiver in Canada, you can work under the Home support worker pilot. This program aims to help senior residents, individuals with disabilities and people going through rehabilitation. Most of the time, their responsibilities may include:
- cooking meals
- give medications
- housekeeping duties
- Home attendant for people with disabilities
- Family caregiver
- Home support worker
- Live-in caregiver for seniors
- Personal aide
- Personal care attendant
- The home visitor (infant care)
ligibility Criteria To be a Caregiver in CanadaSo, if you want to apply for any of the Caregiver programs in Canada, here are your eligibility criteria. Ensure you meet them before applying.
- Have the required work experience
- Meet the language skill
- Have the education requirement
- Be admissible to Canada
- Want to settle outside Quebec
Permanent Residence for Caregivers in CanadaFirstly, it is essential to know that as a foreign worker in Canada, you always need to keep your temporary resident status while working in the Country. If it is going to expire, you must apply to extend it before that happens.
Frequent Asked Questions- Caregiver Program Canada:
- How Does it work the occupation-restricted open work permit?
- Is it possible to use the work experience from more than one employer to apply under a Caregiver program in Canada?
- Can I extend my work permit under the Caregivers’ programs?
- What can I do If I have a new employer?