Canadian Experience Class
One of the categories under the Express Entry program is the Canadian Experience Class – CEC. If you have already gained some Canadian work experience this Class could be the one for you, as temporary foreign workers are ideal candidates for Canadian Immigration (permanent residence).
What is Canadian Experience Class?
If you have temporarily lived in Canada and have work experience, are familiar with the society, and built a network in local communities and the workforce this is the Class you want to be applying through. Canadian Experience Class applications are processed through the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada.
Before you create and submit an application if you are an eligible candidate for this Class, you should:
Who Can Apply For PR Through The Canadian Experience Class?
For you to be eligible, you must meet the minimum requirements under this Class:
- Canadian work experience
- Language ability
- Desired location to settle in
This requirement entails that you have obtained at least one year of Canadian work experience (within 3 years of the application) in 1 of these National Occupational classifications (NOC) job groups:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
For any of these NOC job groups, there would be an occupational description with a lead statement. You must prove that through your work experience that you have performed all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed in the lead statement
Your Canadian work experience must be:
- Gained in Canada within the last 3 years with the proper authorization
- calculated after your graduation as a student
- paid work
- at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week).
- full-time at 1 or more jobs: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- equal amount in part-time: 15-29 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- You must complete language tests in English or French for:
- writing, reading, listening, speaking
- You must earn a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities for NOC 0 and A jobs OR (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs
Ensure that your score is valid on the day you apply for permanent residence. Your Language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result.
Other than the province of Quebec ( can apply to the Quebec Experience Class if you have work experience in Quebec) you may pick any province where you plan to live and work.
How Can One Apply Through The Canadian Experience Class?
The application package includes a guide and document checklist that will help guide you to filling the forms correctly. Ensure that you gather all the supporting information listed in the Document Checklist. You have 60 days to include all the forms, information, documents, signatures, language test results, and fees.
Here is what the fees you are paying will include when applying through Canadian Experience Class:
- processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
- third-party fees (medical exam, Police Certificates, Language Testing)
Here is a checklist to look at to ensure you have completed your application:
- all questions are answered
- the application and all forms have been signed
- processing fees have been paid and a copy of the receipt is attached to your application.
- all supporting documents are included
Immigration Pathway Through Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Why Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- The Canadian government is looking to process as many applications as possible in 6 months or less from the time of application for permanent residence until the final decision is made. Having said that this gives you the advantage of faster processing time.
- More Candidates: Each CEC-specific draw has been large and more CEC applicants are welcomed to submit their application for Canadian Permanent Residence (PR).
- Favorite Government program: In the short run, it makes sense for Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada ( IRCC) to invite more candidates with Canadian experience for permanent residence since they are already in Canada, and have already merged with the culture.
How Can MANA Immigration Help You?
Having gone through the process of immigration themselves, the consultants at Mana Immigration are Dedicated, Knowledgeable, Certified, Business Advisors and Educational Experts.
MANA Immigration offers specially tailored services for those who are planning to move to Canada or the United States of America (temporarily or permanently) based upon their own unique situations and requirements.
Over time, and due to the changing nature of migration, our primary focus has shifted accordingly to address a higher demand for migration (temporary or permanent) based on education, training, and business needs.
We stand out by having a regional representative that can speak your language, from countries such as India, Middle East (Arab), China, Bangladesh and Philippines.
Our qualified team of experts has been carefully selected. They work tirelessly and professionally based on our four core values, those being: Respect, Integrity, Law Abidance, and Professionalism. Also, in line with our basic business values, we always focus on each individual case as significant and unique! This ensures that we are able to give sufficient and proper focus to all of our customer’s needs and details in order to present them in the most professional manner to the relevant departments.
MANA Immigration has a strong team of consultants and lawyers who are all members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.(CCRC)
When you choose MANA Immigration Services you have assured utmost confidentiality and an uncommon level of personalized service. Our regulated consultants and lawyers work directly with you at every stage and are always available for telephone consultations. We can help you become a Permanent Resident of Canada through the Canadian Experience Class.
Let us help you to discover your full potential! We at Mana Immigration can empower you with the essential tools to make your dreams a reality.