So, How Long can you Stay On a Visitor Visa?Most foreigners can stay in Canada for six months. Sometimes the immigration officer puts the date you need to leave in your passport. Or they may give you a document as well. However, if you don’t get a stamp on your passport, you can stay for six months or until the date your passport expires. Whichever comes first.Meanwhile, if you want to stay longer than your approved stay, you should apply for a visa extension at least one month before the approved end of your visit.
What Are my Requirements to Get a Canadian Visitor Visa?Firstly, it is good to know that there may be different requirements depending on your country of origin. But, here we have a general checklist for a visitor’s visa:
- Valid travel document – Passport.
- Good health.
- No criminal or immigration-related convictions.
- Prove ties in your country: Employment, family, financial assets or properties.
- Ensure and prove you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have enough money for your stay. The amount you need depends on the length of your trip.
Do I need to Apply for a Visitor Visa and an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?No, you don’t need both a visitor’s visa and an eTA. In fact, to visit Canada, you need a valid visitor visa or a valid eTA. The one you need depends on:
- Type of travel document you will use.
- The country of your passport.
- Your nationality.
- How are you going to travel to Canada.
Difference Between Single and Multiple Entry Travel VisasSo, the main difference is that single entry visas allow you to enter Canada just one time only. In contrast, a multiple entry visa will enable you to enter the country several times.It is essential to know that you won’t be able to choose which visa you get. Then, all visa applicants are automatically considered for multiple entry visas. But, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will review your application and issue the visa type accordingly.Multiple Entry Visa A multiple entry visa lets you travel to Canada for up to six months at a time as many times as you want. This visa is valid for ten years or one month before your passport expires. Single Entry Visa You may be eligible for a single entry visa if:
- Meet criteria for a fee exemption and are travelling for a limited purpose to Canada.
- You are coming in for a one-time special event in the country.
- There are also approved country-specific procedures or guidelines in place.
Canada Visitor Visa FeeFees for Canadian Visitor Visa depend on your country of residence. Moreover, citizens of some countries have to give biometrics (fingerprints and photographs) when applying for their visitor visas.
- Biometrics (per person): $85
- Biometrics (per family): $170
- Collecting fingerprints and a digital photo
- Moving your documents between the visa office and the visa application centres.
Top Turistics Places in CanadaNow that you know your requirements to get your Canadian Visitor Visa, discover some famous places to go.
- Niagara Falls
- Banff National Park
- Gros Morne National Park