- Food services
- Health care
Nova Scotia – One Of The FavouritesNova Scotia said that its population grew one million in the first four months of 2021. Then, 5,696 foreigners moved to Nova Scotia, and the immigration rate increased more than 70%. Indeed, it is the highest in the Atlantic Canada region. Before taking the big step to decide which pathway is the best for your immigration journey, you may think if it is a good program. Let’s say that the Atlantic Canada immigration program is undoubtedly one of the most appealing. It can be because its criteria are simpler to meet, and the program supports newcomers to adapt to the new culture. The Atlantic region comprises:
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Apply to the Atlantic Immigration Program in Canada
Select your program:Firstly, it is essential to know the three streams to qualify under the AIP. All of them aim to welcome skilled immigrants into the region. So then, two streams are for skilled foreign workers, and one stream is for graduated students. So, to start your immigration journey to Atlantic Canada, you have the following streams: Atlantic High-Skilled Program Candidates under this stream need at least one year of work experience in a skilled professional or management position.
- Hold a degree or diploma equivalent to a Canadian credential. For this matter, you will need to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) with WES.
- Get an approved language test to prove your skills in French or English.
- Proof you have the funds to support you and your family within Canada.
- Applicants must have a high school degree or a Canadian credential to prove their equivalency. For this matter, you require an Educational Credential Assessment
- Get a language test to prove your proficiency in English or French.
- Documentation to prove you have enough funds to support yourself in Canada.
- Proof of language skills. Take a test to assess your English or French.
- Prove you have lived in the province for a minimum of 16 months the two years before getting your degree.
- Get proof of your settlement funds to support yourself and your family joining.
Get a Job OfferAs we mentioned before, one of the essential requirements for immigration under the Atlantic Canada program is to get a valid job offer. In addition, it must be from an authorized employer in the region. The job offer should meet the following criteria:
- It must be done on an Offer of Employment and a Foreign National form.
- To qualify, it must be a full-time job. It means it has to be for at least 30 hours per week and in a permanent position.
- The employer needs to be registered under the AIP.
- Ensure you are applying under the correct occupation type under the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- It has to be for a minimum of one year.
- Make sure you satisfy the requirements stated in the job offer. It proves you are qualified for the job.
Complete and Submit Your ApplicationAfter selecting the program that best fits your situation, you must complete the application and submit it online. Usually, the processing time for the AIP is six months.
Temporary Work Permit in Atlantic CanadaOn the other hand, if you applied for permanent residence under the AIP, you may be eligible for a 1-year work permit. It would allow you to work with the employer who gave you the job offer while waiting for the PR application. To apply, you must hold the following documents:
- a valid job offer from your employer in the Atlantic region.
- a referral letter from the province in Atlantic Canada where you’ll work