How Does the FSTP Canada Works?The Federal Skilled Trades Program allows people with the required experience or a valid Job offer to live and work in Canada. Indeed, this program gives an excellent opportunity to many applicants every year.The goal of FSTP Canada is to meet the demands of the country’s workforce. Indeed, there is a complete summary of changes that need to satisfy those requirements.
How to Qualify Under the Federal Skilled Trade Program:The FTSP Canada has detailed requirements for candidates who want to apply and become permanent residents. Then, if you are a semi-skilled person with previous experience in a trade, such as a chef, baker, or electrician, you may qualify.Furthermore, potential candidates under the FSTP Canada can move with or without a job offer. Still, this stream has specific prerequisites for workers and employers.
Qualification CriteriaTo apply for permanent residence under the FSTP Canada, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the language requirement:
- Candidates must prove to have at least two years of qualified work experience. It has to be under a paid job.
- Hold a valid job offer of full-time employment for at least one year or a qualification certificate issued by a federal authority or a Canadian province.
What is the Skilled Trade Experience in the FSTP Canada?In the National Occupational Classification (NOC), FSTP Canada jobs are organized into these groups:
- 72: Electrical, industrial and construction trades.
- 73: Maintenance and equipment operation trades
- 82: Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture or related production
- 92: Processing, manufacturing, utility supervisors and central control operators
- 632: Chefs and cooks
- 633: Butchers and bakers
Educational Requirement for FSTP Canada
There is no education required. But, if an applicant wants more points for their Express Entry profile, they can use a recognition or a degree and get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). That way, they will be able to gain more points.
Process For the Federal Skilled Trade- FSTP Canada Program:Candidates under the FSTP Canada may enter the Express Entry pool after meeting all the qualifications required. To do it they have to:
Create an online Express Entry profile
Receive a Ranking Score
Receive an Invitation to Apply