Canadian Experience Class for Temporary Foreign Workers or International Graduates

Canadian Experience Class for Temporary Foreign Workers or International Graduates

Canada is a country that offers great opportunities for people who want to live and work in a multicultural environment. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the three federal economic immigration programs managed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Along with the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). It is designed to attract and retain skilled workers who have demonstrated their ability to contribute to the Canadian economy. The Canadian Experience Class program allows foreign workers and international graduates to apply for permanent residency in Canada.


To be eligible for CEC, candidates must have at least one year cumulative of skilled work experience in Canada in a TEER category 0, 1, or 2 job. This means that your work experience must be in a managerial, professional, or technical role or a skilled trade. Occupations such as an electrician, plumber, or carpenter.

If you are an international student who has completed your studies in Canada, you may also be eligible for CEC if you have gained work experience through the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) program. PGWP allows international graduates to work in Canada for up to three years after completing their studies. Giving them an opportunity to gain valuable Canadian work experience and improve their chances of being eligible for CEC.

In addition to meeting the work experience requirements, candidates must also meet the minimum language requirements in English or French. They must also have sufficient settlement funds. This ensures that they have the language skills and financial resources necessary to integrate into the Canadian society and support themselves and their families.

Benefits of the CEC Program

The CEC is a popular program allowing people who have already established themselves in Canada to apply for permanent residency. CEC is an excellent opportunity for skilled workers who wish to settle in Canada and enjoy the many benefits of living and working here. Canada offers high quality of life, excellent healthcare and education systems, and a strong economy with many opportunities for career growth and entrepreneurship.

How to Apply

To apply for CEC, candidates must create an Express Entry profile. They will then receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency based on their score in the (CRS). The CRS is a points-based system that evaluates candidates based on factors such as age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other adaptability factors. Candidates with the highest CRS scores receive ITAs and will receive invitations to apply for permanent residency. Applicants must include supporting documents, such as proof of work experience, language test results, and educational credentials, in their profiles. It is best to consult with professionally licensed immigration consultants or RCICs to make sure there are no mistakes in your application. That can cause major delays or even a refusal of your application.

How mana immigration Can Help

The CEC is a great option for temporary foreign workers and international students who want to come to Canada. However, the application process can be complex and time-consuming. That is why we recommend that applicants seek the assistance of a qualified immigration consultant or lawyer.

At mana immigration, we are a company that specializes in helping people with their immigration applications. Our team of experienced immigration consultants can help applicants navigate the application process and ensure that they meet all of the requirements for the CEC program.

Follow Manaimmigration Would you like to receive notifications on latest updates? No Yes