Measures – New Streams For Ukrainiansread here about the new immigration streams for Ukrainians:
- Canada allows unvaccinated Ukrainians to enter the country. To do it, they need to have a temporary resident visa or a temporary permit. Also, they can have a written statement to prove their Canadian PR is approved.
- IRCC is prioritizing applications for people living in Ukraine who want to study, work or immigrate to Canada.
- The Canadian Government is also helping to process travel documents for Canadians who wish to return from Ukraine. So, it is issuing single-journey travel documents for immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents who don’t hold valid passports.
- Ukrainians in Canada can extend their status as visitors, students, or workers. Canada aims to prioritize renewals of work and study permits and develop a guideline for Ukrainians to apply for those permits within Canada.
- Ukrainians temporary residents who obtain a job offer can remain in Canada and start working while waiting for their work permit application.