- What is the Intra-company Transferee program? Best known as the ICT Canada program, It is a business program for international workers to relocate and work in Canada temporarily. It has one of the fastest processing times, within 4 months.
What Does the Government Think About The ICT Canada Program?Overall, the local Government fully supports immigrant investors to start new ventures in Canada. Indeed, qualified international workers under the intra-company transferee program provide ‘significant economic benefit to Canada’ by transferring their knowledge and expertise into the Canadian labour market. In fact, that’s one of the reasons why the ICT Canada processing time is one of the fastest.
ICT Canada: Categories to QualifyFirstly, you should know that candidates must be classified under one of the following categories to qualify:
- Executives: This category is for international workers who mostly direct the company or are a significant component.
- Senior managers: People who manage part of the enterprise and supervise the work of other directors or professional employees.
- Workers with ‘specialized knowledge’: Someone who can demonstrate specialized knowledge of the business’s product or has vast expertise in the processes and procedures.
ICT Work Permit DurationAccording to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), work permits under the Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) program in Canada usually have a one-year duration. However, applicants may renew it for up to 7 years. For renewals, you may need to provide proof of the following information:
- The foreign and the Canadian company still have a qualifying relationship.
- The Canadian branch or subsidiary has committed to providing goods or services for the past year.
- The new Canadian office is properly staffed.
From ICT Transferee to Canadian PRIf you are wondering how can you transition from ICT to PR in Canada, you should know that Intra-company transferees hold strong profiles to receive their Permanent Residency. How to do it? After completing at least one year of Canadian work experience, most international workers can apply for their permanent status through the Express Entry system. Indeed, it is one of the leading economic immigration programs in Canada. Besides, after completing at least one year of Canadian work experience, you receive more points for your profile in the Express Entry pool. Also, since ICT candidates don’t need an LMIA, the process to claim their points is relatively straightforward. As a result, it improves their options to receive an invitation to apply. However, there are also other options beyond the Express Entry system to transition to PR from ICT in Canada. Such as via one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Canada ICT Processing TimeAs we mentioned before, the ICT program is one of the fastest immigration and business programs in Canada. Currently, it takes between 12 and 16 weeks to complete your process. Also, it is one great option to transition from Canada ICT to PR.
Documents for Intra-Company Transferees :So, if you meet the criteria of the ICT program and want to apply, here is a list of the documents you require for the ICT Canada program:
- Signed and complete application forms for the LMIA-exempt work permit.
- Job offer submitted via the Employer Portal.
- Complete Business Plan.
- Documents that support the relationship between your foreign company and the Canadian company. It can be business tax returns, profit and loss statements, business licenses, partnership agreements, business tax returns, bank statements, etc.
- Proof of your current employment as an ICT applicant. For example, a work reference letter, pay stubs, dividend payments, shareholder certificates, etc.
- The Invitation Letter from your Canadian company.
FAQ About ICT Canada
- How long is the ICT Canada processing time?
- Can I switch jobs under the ICT program in Canada?
- Can my spouse come and work in Canada?
- Can I use my Intra-Company transferee work experience to apply for PR?
- Does an ICT work permit require an LMIA?