If you are an entrepreneur with a creative idea and want to settle in Canada, the Start-Up visa program is the best option to immigrate with your family and drive economic growth into the country.
Canada supports business immigration. With this in mind, Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allow entrepreneurs to get a permanent residence while opening a new business in Canada. Furthermore, The Canadian Government also assists them to successfully move to Canada.
How Does it Work the Start-Up Visa Program?
The Start -Up visa program enforces entrepreneurship in Canada by allowing immigrants to grow their companies. The program links candidates with private organizations to receive funds and guidance in operating their Canadian businesses.
To be an applicant for the Start-up program, you must meet specific criteria. In general, you need to have a minimum language score of CLB 5, have enough funds, show your business meets ownership requirements and prove a designated organization supports it.
What is a Designated Organization?
IRCC has different options to help you start your Canadian business. From venture capital funds, business incubator organizations and angel investor groups. Those organizations are carefully selected to help you establish your new company. In fact, successful applicants should get a minimum investment.
However, the investment amount may change depending on the type of organization. In either case, you will need to grant a letter of support from the investment organization to upload it with your PR application.
One of the most exciting benefits of the Start-Up visa program is that even if your Canadian business doesn’t meet your expectations, you and your family will still grant PR status.
As you can see, Canada is an exciting market for individuals looking to start a business and build their entrepreneurial life. The country guides you to running it while also granted your permanent resident status.
Start-Up Visa Requirements
So, as mentioned before, find here a quick resume of the program requirements.
- Own an innovative business or have a business idea supported by a designated organization. Those can be a venture capital fund, an angel investor, or a business incubator.
- Your language proficiency must be CLB 5
- Get your criminal and security check, as well as your medical clearance
- Have enough funds to settle in Canada with your family
Start-Up Business Evaluation Criteria
So, if you are a Start-up business applicant, you must be wondering how your business or idea will be evaluated. If that’s your case, we will give you some tips.
- It must be an innovative business idea.
- You need to prove you will create jobs.
- Show it has the potential to grow on a global scale.
Benefits of the Program
Finally, to make your decision easier, these are some of the most significant advantages of applying for a Start-Up visa.
- You can have up to 5 business owners. Each one with their families will obtain permanent residence in Canada.
- You will register your business in Canada before getting permanent status.
- You don’t need specific work or managerial experience.
- The investment can be shared with your business partners.
- High Success Rate: Government uses a designated organization to assess the business plan and support your new business
- Language is not a requirement. You must be able to communicate but not need a Language test to start.
- Applicants can choose to live and start their business anywhere in Canada. Except in Quebec.
- Fast federal processing than other immigration programs.
Get ready to start your Start-Up visa application as soon as possible. Canada awaits you!
How Can We Help You?
At Mana Immigration, we are regulated lawyers and consultants working on immigration visas. We work on each application with all the paperwork and deadlines to ensure a successful process.
Our core values of respect, integrity and professionalism are the center of every action we make. At Mana Immigration, our lawyers make sure your study permit gets approved.
As a result, we offer a truly unique and tailored experience for each client. No matter what your needs may be, we guide you and your family every step of the way.
Live your dreams